Wednesday 15 July 2015

Writing for Sardines magazine.

I have been writing for Sardines magazine for five issues now spanning from issue No 22 Spring/Summer 2014 to issue No 26 Spring/Summer 2015. My theatre writing has been as varied as full interviews with Warwick Davis, Brian Conley, John Godber and Howard Brenton to compiling and writing a twenty-five page First World War Centenary feature all connected with theatre.



I have also contributed a piece about Nottingham's Lace Market Theatre's twinning events with two theatres in Karlsruhe Germany and a separate piece about the making and playing of my play 'Greetings From The Trenches' which also played in Karlsruhe December 2014.



In the last issue I wrote a piece about Tweet Seating and the nature of annoyances in the theatre from audience members. Look out for a separate blog post about that very soon. Coming up in Sardine's issue 27 Summer/Autumn 2015 I have another full interview with the award winning playwright Mike Kenny who I met at Derby Theatre earlier this year.


Thanks to Paul and Fariba at Sardines for these continuing opportunities to contribute to their fabulous quality magazine.


Phil Lowe

No comments: